RECRUITMENT AGENCY OF THE YEAR 2018 – SMALL (11-49 EMPLOYEES)
Winner: Trust in Soda
Sponsored by: Flexr
Trust in Soda is a digital recruitment agency with international reach. Its consultants work with technology organisations, brands and agencies, offering candidates and clients a range of opportunities and roles on both a contract/interim and permanent basis. The company has seen rapid growth, achieved without compromising its commitment to diversity & inclusion, corporate social responsibility and partnerships with charitable institutions. In 2017, it contributed £32k in donations to charities. The firm is committed to giving back to the digital community. It frequently interviews experts across a variety of new and trending topics, and shares this information with the digital community, via free podcasts, events, videos and specialist blogs.
• The firm’s staff retention rate is 83%. Initiatives include: an enterprise management incentive scheme that gives every consultant the opportunity to gain shares in the company; flexible working to ensure a good work/life balance; a free weekly personal training session at lunchtime; and fruit deliveries to promote health and wellbeing.
• Trust in Soda was one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies in Europe, recognising that the firm invests in its professional brand, engages with its followers and industry network, and creates thought-provoking, locally relevant content.
• As regards diversity & inclusion, more than 60% of the firm’s consultants are women.
• The firm has also invested in a tailor-made training academy to ensure both long-term and short-term development programmes are at the forefront of best practice, covering smart sourcing methods and staff competencies.
• The firm’s offline event activity includes sponsorship of the Agile.Delivery conference, which brings together the software community, leading market professionals and influential speakers. It organises a meet-up for ‘Women in DevOps’, to combat diversity problems and celebrate the achievements of women who have overcome these barriers in the technology community. It also runs the Soda Social Meet-up series of events, with guest speakers such as Jonah Jones from Facebook, Brian Flanagan from Expedia and Jose Alves from Sky.
“The level of investment – in thought, research, care, time and finance – was impressive, and the blend of value-add services, events and innovation was outstanding.”