MOST EFFECTIVE COMPLIANCE OPERATION 2019
Winner: NES Global Talent
NES Global Talent provides candidates across the energy, infrastructure, life sciences, manufacturing, chemicals and mining sectors worldwide. The company has 20 dedicated compliance personnel forming part of the commercial and legal team.
- Compliance personnel are based in six locations across the globe: UK, USA, Australia, Malaysia, UAE and Norway. The company’s geographical spread ensures it fully understands the intricacies of regional legislation and is able to support clients to ensure compliance wherever in the world their project may be.
- Staff compliance training is comprehensive throughout the company. For example, Expected Business Conduct is delivered to all 850+ support and recruitment staff across the globe; commercial compliance is given to assignment support and recruitment teams (nearly 600 people in total); legal compliance for sanctions is mandatory for all staff, with various other legal requirements in different countries delivered where appropriate.
- NES ensures the company is up to date with the latest regulatory requirements through a group commercial & legal director with 30+ years’ experience, and supporting him are eight region-specific managers/officers, who keep the business on top of the latest governmental and legal requirements in their regions and ensure all contracts are risk assessed. They attend conferences, regular legal briefings from government and regulatory bodies, as well as law firms. Importantly, most are solicitors, undertaking continuing professional development to maintain their qualifications.
- NES also updates its clients, which are all assigned a dedicated account management team, including a compliance officer. A monthly compliance bulletin is circulated to all clients, highlighting the regulatory issues they need to be aware of. NES has also built an online Learning Management System, which contains specific regulatory training courses. Clients can take advantage of the training courses or even host their own on the system, and monitor staff completion and levels of understanding through NES’ reporting dashboard.
- The judges saw that compliance is an important factor for every team at NES, wherever they are based in the world, and not just the responsibility of one person. Compliance is a combination of the Commercial & Legal team, Assignment Support, Finance, Operations and the Executive management team who all work together to ensure the compliance standard in the industry is set as high as it can be.
Judges’ comments: “NES Global Talent operates in highly complex and high-risk markets. The firm demonstrated ongoing excellence and awareness. No stone has been left unturned here from a compliance perspective – a worthy winner.”
- Coyle Personnel
- Day Webster
- Liquid Personnel