BEST NEW AGENCY 2018
Winner: Peel Solutions
British policing is facing a record number of retirements after recruitment drives between 25 and 30 years ago. The company provides bespoke recruitment and training solutions for the law enforcement sector. Director Andrew Smith is a former detective superintendent who served with Cheshire Constabulary for more than 25 years. With operational links to the National Crime Agency, he understands the internal structures and mission to lead the UK’s fight to cut serious and organised crime. The other director, Dylan Cooper, brings over 20 years’ recruitment experience to the company after owning a successful agency in the industrial and IT sectors.
• Peel Solutions has created an innovative course entitled ‘Investigative Skills and Evidence Gathering Refresher’, to provide retired or retiring police officers with the knowledge that is required to keep their skills relevant.
• In another example of creativity and innovation, the firm has secured the domain policejobs.co.uk to create an exciting, police- focused job board.
• As an example of Peel’s quality of service, the firm was approached by a large-scale investigation team looking to recruit 10 disclosure experts, who would be required to get an important piece of work over to the Crown Prosecution Service. Peel was able to supply 10 appropriate candidates within eight weeks and received positive feedback.
• Peel offers differentiation and competitive advantage in police knowledge, skills and recruitment, owing to members of Peel’s team having worked in these sectors first hand. The firm’s head of investigation skills, Chris Davies, was also in the police force for 30 years. The firm has taken the knowledge that they obtained from their time with the police and the experience they had during the retirement process, and used it to improve the service it offers.
• Peel has recently begun to branch out into the health and social care world, adding a division to the company. Health and social care and policing go hand in hand in helping the community stay safe. Peel has appointed Jodie Stott for this division, who brings 17 years of expertise working in healthcare.
“Peel combines policing and recruitment expertise to create a business that clearly meets a need and is creating second careers for highly specialised and valuable people.”