BEST BANKING/FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT AGENCY 2018
Sponsored by: NatWest
LMA Recruitment specialises in banking, secretarial, finance, risk, compliance and HR staffing. The firm has enjoyed continued growth across all metrics in 2017. Its success comes from retaining and developing its team, investing heavily in training and implementing technology to allow its people to spend more time talking than typing. LMA aims to be a pre-eminent force with the professional services recruitment market. Its plans include growing its existing teams while establishing new teams in legal, tax and treasury. The company has a diverse culture that treats its employees with respect and maturity, which provides opportunities for recruiters to build and develop an amazing career, and provides an environment where staff in all areas can excel.
- Ongoing uncertainty over the Brexit process has caused many organisations to question their people strategy. Given LMA’s proximity to the candidate market, Brexit has been at the forefront of this planning process. Average call times in the team have gone up significantly, and this can be only because the company has been trying to advise people as best it can.
- The company saw turnover growth of 22% to £11,216,325; net fee income of 22% to £4,029,495, and group operating profit growth of 72% to £588,229.
- Banking and financial services clients contributed £542,340 towards group operating profit, equating to 92% of group operating profit.
- The company is becoming an industry voice on diversity. It held an event last year with the Lord Mayor of London, which generated positive press about the need for companies to embrace the diversity & inclusion agenda more.
- As LMA has developed relationships with long-term clients, it has tried to act as advisers to them. In 2017 it began a partnership with the Will Exell change consultancy to join the dots of recruitment, engagement and retention. Throughout 2017, we took one of the Will Exell team with us to strategic client meetings. This facilitated a far deeper understanding of our clients.
“The winner provided evidence of strong financial performance, of tackling difficult-to-fill roles, and of candidate service. It has also enhanced its offering and value to clients by partnering with a coaching business.”