RECRUITMENT AGENCY OF THE YEAR – SMALL (11-49 EMPLOYEES) 2019
Winner: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
Life sciences recruitment specialist Hyper Recruitment Solutions (HRS) was built on a vision of “providing recruitment solutions which change lives”, helping people with careers that have an outstanding impact on science and technology.
- Recruitment consultants are called ‘life changers’. Teams have doubled from a team of five (Chemistry, Quality, Bio-Engineering, Commercial and Contract), with the addition of Bio and Engineering (now two teams), Regulatory Affairs, Technology (Essex), IT Pharma (Manchester), Life Sciences (Scotland) and Back Office Operation. A new Data Science division and new offices in Manchester and Edinburgh materialised in October 2017.
- The judges were impressed with HRS’ ability to invest in its people long term and create opportunities for further career development. The Edinburgh recruitment manager initially joined HRS in 2013 as a trainee recruitment consultant. Having decided to relocate back to her home in Scotland in 2017, she suggested setting up a Scottish division.
- As the science industry is a candidate-short marketplace, where the competition to talent is increasing, especially since Brexit, HRS launched a fun science quiz to attract people and promote HRS as a leader in the field. So far, 13,000 have taken the quiz, which as also led to an increase in traffic to the HRS website by over 50%. HRS has generated more candidates than ever before in a competitive market, through a fun and engaging way.
- The HRS Annual Awards for its employees were held on entrepreneur and joint founder Lord Sugar’s luxury yacht. Lord Sugar personally presented each award, posed for photographs with the winners and spoke with them about their achievements.
- Two-thirds of the HRS staff either have a degree in science or have previously worked in the industry. By maintaining such a population, HRS remains ahead of its competition, approaching recruitment as ‘scientists supporting science’ first.
Judges’ comments: “The quality of the submission provided a comprehensive insight into its operation and how a small company grows and engage its employees, whilst positioning itself in the market.”
- Amsource Technology
- Baltimore Consulting
- Camino Partners
- DMJ Recruitment
- EMEA Recruitment
- Hunter Bond
- Marlin Green
- The Green Recruitment Company
- Totum Partners
- Trust in Soda
- Venari Partners