RECRUITMENT AGENCY OF THE YEAR – MICRO (UP TO 10 EMPLOYEES) 2019
Winner: MLC Partners
Launched in 2015, interim and permanent recruitment specialist MLC Partners demonstrated to the judges the desire to change the perception of the recruitment industry, building long-term relationships through expertise, trust and respect. It specialises in HR, financial, IT, executive search and change management to the Public and Not for Profit sectors.
- The judges were impressed with MLC’s attention to detail in finding candidates for clients, demonstrating a permanent retention rate of 96% and 100% of all those placed passing their probation.
- Supporting sector development is an integral part of MLC’s service to clients. Among the added-value projects MLC has undertaken is a mentor scheme with the Charity Finance Group (the industry-leading membership body for charity finance professionals) to support rising stars by pairing them with established FDs/CFOs.
- MLC shows its integrity by turning away business that doesn’t fit well into its portfolio, referring them to other agencies who will be better suited to their needs. The judges liked that the company would tell clients if they were over-offering on salary, rather than taking a bigger fee. This unbiased and honest advice doesn’t always lead to short-term success but builds genuine long-term relationships based on respect and trust.
- MLC partnered with the Healthcare Financial Management Association and Healthcare People Management Association (the NHS finance and HR associations, which support their members with development and networking opportunities). MLC managing director Peter Marshall spoke at their events and hosted their deputy director events in MLC’s offices.
- MLC has developed an internal training programme to support its people at whatever level they operate, from ‘back to basics’ to director-level development.
Judges’ comments: “It’s fantastic to see the next generation of recruiters in this category, and the judges had a hard time deliberating over the winner. For a company of this size MLC showed impressive financial growth but coupled with strong ethics and core values. It appears that the entire organisation is bought into the strategy and values of the business.”
- BOWER Talent
- Greybridge Search & Selection
- InfoSec People
- Mase Consulting
- Neaves & Neat Employment Services
- Octopus Personnel