RECRUITMENT AGENCY OF THE YEAR – MEDIUM (50-249 EMPLOYEES) 2019
Winner: Amoria Bond
Amoria Bond specialises in recruiting mid-to-senior level professionals in niche, skills-shortage roles across seven brands and worldwide across borders, adapting globally to local needs from its four offices – Manchester, Amsterdam, Cologne and Singapore.
- Employees are nurtured and invested in so they can deliver reliable, value-added service to clients and candidates. This stems from a strong culture with its ingrained PROFES values: (Positivity, Respect, Opportunity, Fun, Excellence, Success). All this results in high employee engagement and retention (77%).
- Training and development is a long-term strategic priority for Amoria Bond, and the company invests £12k per-head/per-year in equipping and supporting our people as credible experts with deep sector knowledge and expertise. As well as the 10-Step career training and development programme, in 2018 Amoria Bond launched an online/in-house learning-management portal – Amoria Bond Academy (ABA), providing a library of video-content including best-practise, coaching, webinars, training and mindfulness.
- Although this was another category with high-calibre entries and a plethora of examples of innovative thinking and practice, the judges wanted to highlight the winner’s exceptional financial submission, showing impressive increases in turnover, contract business and record performance across its permanent divisions by focusing primarily on international markets. The group has grown headcount, while at the same time improving productivity.
- The judges were also impressed by Amoria Bond’s high employee engagement, which underpins the continual productivity improvements throughout the company, as well as outstanding external benchmarking compared to competitors. For example, group-wide monthly turnover per head increased 27% YOY from £45.3k (Nov ’16-Oct ’17) to £57.5k (Nov ’17-Oct ’18).
- Technology is key to helping Amoria Bond position itself at the forefront of client/candidate service. Such tools include video interviewing system Hinterview, search technology Sourcebreaker, premium recruitment data system Lusha and LinkedIn Enterprise.
Judges’ comments: “This business has an impressive combination of client, candidate and employee satisfaction, as well as exceptional financial results. They invest a lot in their people’s development and reward high performance in a variety of ways.”
- Acorn Recruitment
- Goodman Masson
- Gravitas Recruitment Group
- Green Park
- La Fosse Associates
- Staffing 360 Solutions
- Talent International