OUTSTANDING OUTSOURCED RECRUITMENT ORGANISATION 2019
Winner: NES Global Talent
NES Global Talent has been delivering compliant workforce solutions for clients for more than 40 years, as of 2018. The company provides candidates across the oil & gas, power, infrastructure, life sciences, manufacturing, chemicals and mining sectors worldwide.
This category demonstrated the impact of market conditions, transformation and change on the recruitment industry and how outsourced recruiters have to respond to the climate of change, while delivering to customers’ needs.
- The judges were amazed that NES Global Talent achieved this for their clients within oilfield services & equipment, subsea engineering and manufacturing sectors across the 50+ countries it works in.
- Services offered include recruitment process outsourcing (on-site recruiters and off-site admin and support staff); externals, temps and contractors MSP solution, delivered by on-site recruiters, supported by NES office ops teams; and an Immigration Support team and Onboarding Support team, provided in partnership with AMS.
- An example of excellent outsourced recruitment occurred in July 2017, when one of NES’ clients merged with another oil & gas company. This meant that the RPO would now cover the hiring needs of an organisation that was almost 80,000 strong, double the size of the original company. NES was given less than six weeks’ notice of this increased scope, requiring the recruiter to double the size of its teams and ensure that team members were fully trained up not just on legacy products but also systems, processes and personnel to do with the newly-merged company. The vice president of talent acquisition for the client said: “NES enabled us to remain cost-efficient by keeping agency hires to below 1% across the Eastern Hemisphere, and have maintained over 95% hiring manager satisfaction, in a very challenging environment.”
- Throughout the submission, the judges were impressed with the levels of service demonstrated by NES teams across the globe, growing the team within a year (Oct ’17 – Oct ’18) from 23 to 73 recruiters, and recruiting 4,626 permanent hires and 1,312 contractors in that same time period. An outstanding entry, said the judges.
Judges’ comments: “Set against a backdrop of a highly competitive decline in the oil & gas industry, NES Global Talent demonstrated exceptional levels of agility, tenacity and resilience in relation to their approach to budgets, the commercials and attraction.”
- Omni RMS
- Biffa in partnership with GRI
- Green Park
- Hovis in partnership with Seven Search & Selection
- Volt Consulting Group