MOST EFFECTIVE EMPLOYER BRAND DEVELOPMENT 2019
Winner: Love your everyday: Bupa Dental Care in partnership with Blackbridge Communications
Having a proposition that is non-patient focused and perceived as very corporate presented a clear problem for Bupa Dental Care. The company’s solution left a smile on your face, by developing and executing a highly effective beginning-to-end employer brand plan undertaken with proper research that made them stand out.
- In partnership with Blackbridge Communications, Bupa Dental Care set out to build an employer value proposition (EVP) and create a dedicated employer brand that could be flexed for different audiences. One of the aims was to dispel negative preconceptions about corporate dentistry (ie. more profits-focused than patient-focused) and so to attract diverse people, from surgery receptionists through to highly specialised dentists.
- Design was an important feature of the brand development strategy. The photography of employees wearing dental masks overlaid by an illustrated smile demonstrates how Bupa Dental Care’s aim to deliver brilliant patient care is intrinsically linked to people’s job satisfaction.
- Putting employees at the forefront of the campaign meant the different target audiences could be reached with broad-based visual references combined with carefully nuanced messaging. A new careers website was built, and employee videos were created for the site and social media channels.
- The new careers site has seen a huge spike in traffic and 15,667 applications post-launch (compared to 9,337 during the same period the previous year – a 40% increase). And year-on-year there’s been a 38% increase in new hires, with 2,500 accepted offers since the EVP launch.
- Competition in this category was high, with a number of top quality entries and some very creative marketing briefs delivered that helped a number of the applicants reposition or build their brand strategies. Capability and creativity were high in this category, and the judges felt this bodes well for the wider recruitment sector.
Judges’ comments: “The marketing is highly memorable and clearly helped reposition the brand, and delivered on the brief. A great success story.”
- The Audley Way – Forget cocoa. Think Mojito…: Audley in partnership with Omni RMS & Ca3
- This is world moving – Employer Brand: Bombardier Transportation in partnership with TMP Worldwide
- Clearly Hastings Direct: Hastings Direct in partnership with That Little Agency
- Roc Search EVP: Roc Search
- SAP Employer Brand: SAP
- Ready for ANYTHING?: The AA in partnership with PeopleScout