Most Effective Back Office Operation 2020
Established in 2012, Evolve provides front and back of house temporary staffing solutions for the hospitality sector, as well as permanent placements.
- The business is underpinned by a support team comprising a finance department, which looks after temp payroll, staff payroll, invoicing and credit control, as well as an operations team of four – affectionately referred to as Team Slash, as it supports every area within the business (HR/operations/marketing etc).
- To ensure all candidates have the correct Right to Work documents, the team uses uComply scanning technology, compliance software certified by the Home Office.
- The team is also responsible for client compliance and ensuring it manages the requirements of each individual client site and their staffing expectations, from food safety and allergen training to uniform requirements and standards.
- As well as all of the legislative and compliance support, the back office team’s agenda also includes making Evolve the best place to work for its own employees. The team spends a lot of time and effort planning and executing fun training, team building, rewards and events for everyone within the organisation – especially the annual ‘winners party’ to a secret destination.
- Overall, the judge were impressed with how the back office team helped make Evolve candidates feel an important part of the Evolve team, not only by ensuring they were paid correctly and on time, but through training and the online benefits package – for temp staff as well as permanent.
Judges’ comments: “Evolve stood out from other entries as being focused on people, as well as having great processes and platforms. They brought a personal touch to the lives of everyone that they impact. We were impressed with their innovative use of technology, given the size and scale of the business.”