BEST TEMPORARY RECRUITMENT AGENCY 2019
Winner: ASAP Pertemps
Formed in 1990, ASAP Greenford became part of the Pertemps family of recruitment businesses in 2001. The judges were excited about this entry, which showcased excellent stories, and said this is what recruitment should be all about.
- The winner, recently renamed ASAP Pertemps, demonstrated commendable work in areas such as targeting older workers and promoting female employment. The majority of the team have more than 20 years’ working at ASAP, which results in an in-depth knowledge of candidates and clients. The team, for example, have several instances of placing three generations of the same family into roles.
- The judges were impressed with the level of service offered by ASAP, which has a member of staff in branch from 5.30am, as well as the branch opening on both Saturday and Sunday to help with last-minute staffing requirements from clients.
- Hillingdon Council, the second largest London borough, was struggling to find sufficient passenger assistants, who would travel with and care for children with disabilities or special needs to and from school. ASAP targeted the retired population, filling the roles for the council and bringing a minority sector of society back into the workplace.
- To fill jobs in many essential but not always attractive service departments for Hillingdon Council, ASAP helped promote female employment within the borough, leading to a higher number of female applicants for roles such as refuse collecting and street cleansing.
- Working on the motto of ‘no skillset rejected’, ASAP saw a gap in the market where many people who were registering each day wanted to work, but had the incorrect skills for the job. On discovering this, director Michael Collins went and trained to be a Training Course Deliverer and certified himself to teach and provide the unskilled incoming workforce with the necessary qualifications for specific roles.
Judges’ comments: “Judges felt that ASAP delivered an excellent level of service to their sectors and client base and showed lots of examples of going the extra mile.”
- Acorn Recruitment
- Amoria Bond
- Coyle Personnel
- Day Webster
- gap personnel
- PMP Recruitment