Best In-House Recruitment Team 2020
Global TA Team, Mondelez International
Multinational confectionery, food, holding and beverage company Mondelez International’s Global Talent Acquisition (TA) team consists of just under 320, operating across 165 countries. The Global TA team in its current form was formed in 2016. Before then, recruitment was decentralised, with a high-reactive, agency-driven environment.
- The team operates across four regions and 24 different time zones, with a matrix structure of TA Centre of Excellence (COE) for mid-career to senior executive level roles and three shared service centres (one in each region) that service the higher volume and lower level roles below mid-career.
- Built a Global TA Leadership team, which consists of 13 regional and global TA leader roles – now aligned to Mondelēz’s recent geographical BU (Business Unity) model restructure in Q4 of 2018.
- Launched a new global Onboarding programme called ‘Starting Here’, coupled with its Learning Program, the TA Academy and Mondelēz International University.
- Launched and adopted the Avature CRM (customer relationship management) system and rolled out its new Employer Brand Proposition in 2019.
- The team overcame many challenges of bringing a CRM into a large global organisation, implementing large-scale tech and engaging a large and diverse TA team in utilising this from day one.
- Included active participation from Global TA COE leaders, and introduced ‘Mondelēz’s Got Talent!’. Through this three-month competition, the company created 5,857 prospects, with 2,000 ‘kept warm’ and 104 hires.
- Globally the team achieved a phenomenal 384 hires attributed to Avature in the first year, which it estimates to have saved $5.76m (£4.46m) had it had to use outside agencies instead of sourcing these candidates.
Judges’ comments: “The judges were unanimous in selecting Mondelez as the outright winner of this category. The team demonstrated outstanding innovation with brilliant outcomes. The employer brand toolbox and cookbook, and the onboarding programme ‘Starting Here’ are world class.”