BEST CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE 2019
Winner: Building What Matters: Engineering Exceptional Candidate Experience – Atkins in partnership with Amberjack
To become the world’s premier engineering partner, Atkins, in partnership with Amberjack, understood that the true definition of ‘candidate’ experience was to have an effect on all interactions during recruitment.
- Atkins listened to feedback and transformed recruitment at every step, to exceed the expectations of a new, tech-savvy workforce, consumer-centric millennials – the first people brought up with constant-contact as the norm. As a result, it re-engineered its candidate journey into six stages.
- This six-stage candidate journey recruited 282 graduates from 13,431 candidates for seven different talent streams. For those hires there was a 98% first-year retention, underlying the impressive candidate experience throughout the recruitment process.
- The metrics were impressive: 20,000+ human interactions; 8,864 emails, 1,694 calls managed; 100% calls answered in three rings; 100% candidate issues solved same day; 14,710 personalised candidate emails sent; 3,201 coaching/feedback calls.
- The recruitment process is designed to assess candidate fit to Atkins roles, values and culture. It features video and is highly engaging. Every candidate interaction – from the exercises used, to how the company communicates – reinforces the Atkins values. Candidates are not only listened to, but respected. The exceptional experience delivered has been rated highly by candidates (Net Promoter Score of +57.35 against the industry average of +24).
- A great category, said the judging panel, full of innovation and partnering, which illustrates the recruitment industry staying at the front end of modern recruitment techniques and technologies.
Judges’ comments: “The work that Atkins did delivered strong results with clear metrics and clear results. It was easy to see how their investment had paid off.”
- MRL Academy Programme: MRL Consulting
- Strategic People